Re: Current Limiting

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/23/04 6:08:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

M,

An inductive reactance is more efficient because the
energy is not burned up as heat but is stored instead and
then used.  The power factor will not necessarily be bad
using the reactor because of the effect of the primary
capacitor in the circuit, and how it behaves in the circuit
with the other component and the timing of the gap firing.

John