Re: Coil sensitive to primary tapping

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Aaron,

The sensitivity may be the how much the frequency changes the inductive
change on the primary. Some coils have a narrow range and some are much
more forgiving. This is in the tank LC. It may also be that you don't have
enough turns and are on the low end of inductance. You gave very little
information to examine the coil (example, a 15 turn primary could be any
wire size and any inner diameter or outer diameter). More info would be
helpful for someone to analyze where your at relative to we think you
should be. Or if you want, you can simply do trial and error by adding more
turns and seeing if this helps.

Take care,
Bart