Pulse Cap: Suitability for Tank Circuit?

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

After trawling the archives here [this list] and general Googlin', I have
drawn a blank on my investigations into some capacitors that I have.

The capacitors are ex-military (new old stock) Corsons, 2 x 1.5nF (series)
per can.  They are rated to 300pps.

As these are only rated to 15kV, I thought it prudent to use each can with
the two capacitors in series to give me 30kV working.  Since I have a few,
I can parallel up to eight such arrays.

The cans are of welded steel and I have absolutely no idea as to the
internal construction.

1) Does anyone know what type this may be and whether it can withstand the
voltage reversals of TC operation?  I realise that I have to keep below 300bps.
2) These may be quite old, although they have never been used. (Spares for
radar installation?)  Other than checking the capacitance on my trusty
Wavetek and bringing them up to 15kV and seeing if they hold the charge for
a reasonable time (electrostatic voltmeter for low loss), is there any way
that I can check that they're OK?

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith