From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:14 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: NST blown

Original poster: Bob81818-at-aol-dot-com

Hi all, I was demonstrating my first coil at school and after running it

for a few minutes (not continuously) the spark gap stopped firing after
taking it home the secondary of the 9/30 nst had no conductivity, so I
just
implied that it destroyed itself. I plugged it in to double check and I
got
less than millimeter sparks when I scraped a wire over the two secondary

electrodes. That kinda puzzled me a bit, would appreciate if someone
could
explain how that happened if the sec is blown. And I was also wondering
if
its possible to fix an nst like this. I'm not surprised that I blew the
xformer cuz I didn't ground the tank circuit, or put in a safety gap, I
guess I just wanted to know if the coil would work before I added all
the
safety stuff, therefore I accept that I am an idiot. A little advise on
this subject would be nice.
         Thanks all,
               Dan