Re: MOT success

Original poster: "Aaron Aab" <striker754-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Its a 240V circuit (2 120V) for a welder. I believe there is 40 or 50A
breakers in each leg. A brief arc is not enough to trip the breaker. I am
using a 30A rated disconnect and get a nice spark inside of it when I
disconnect it, as the MOTs draw about 20 or 30 with no load I cant remember.
Cant imagine shutting that sucker off under load!! I have a 100A disconnect
around here somewhere though.

I am using 6ga wire from the wall to disconnect, then 6 from the disconnect
to the MOT stack. Goes into lugs and the rest of the system in the box is
all 12ga.

I may just step the wire size up and hook it directly to the power in using
a 125A main circuit breaker. Helps when you have an electrician around!

Any more questions just let me know. 3.3kVA baby!

I have 2 fairly big transformers, and 2 smaller ones.