RE: MOT success

Original poster: "Peter Reid" <peter-at-reidconsulting-dot-com.au>

Aaron,

Didn't you say that each pair of MOTs is running of a different 120V
supply, 180degs apart, one leg drawing 90 and the other 50A, so where
did you get 240v from? You are still only running the transformers off
120v.

This is a total of 16.8kVA, not 34kVA.

Which to me sound much more reasonable, This is about how much power I
could draw though my 4 stack, however you're primaries and secondary's
much really be getting toasty! =)

  You should also measure the voltage at the MOT's primary when drawing
an arc to see how much it drops. Use this value in your calcs, and you
can measure the secondary current with any ammeter, digital or analogue,
you just need to be careful, and measure if from the lowest potential.
(Make sure the fuse isn't blown first too! And use the 10A range).

Regards

Peter Reid

Webpage: http://tesla.reidconsulting-dot-com.au
Email: peter-at-reidconsulting-dot-com.au