Re: Charging inductors for resonant charging

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

snip

>  >
>  > Hope it helps, Finn Hammer
>     Thanks for the tip.  You didn't say whether that was a free download or
>not (I've seen similar programs offered for several thousand dollars)
>but will take a look at it.  If you're looking into finite element
>analysis you're way, way beyond me!  I work with a bunch of aircraft
>design people who use such techniques for almost all of their
>calculations, and also some electromagnetics guys who use similar
>techniques for predicting RF properties of materials.  Sounds a little
>bit beyond what the average TC nut needs!

It is a free distribution, and that is quite astonishing, I think.

Ultimately, even the average TC nut is going to need a DC charging choke,
and they are said to be difficult to design, so why not?

I used it to document the B-H curve of construction steel with a carbon
content of max.0.16%.
That is steel as mild as it gets over here, and since the litterature of
yore calls out for mild steel, I wanted to investigate, wether there is a
contemporary equivalent.
I built that magnet and measured it out. FEMM and reality mached.

I was a loudspeaker nut.
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/

Cheers, Finn Hammer