RE: measuring secondary resonant frequency

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

You should have only one tuned circuit (pri or sec) present at a time,
or else they will interact and give confusing results.  You didn't say
if yours is a double-tuned SSTC or not.  Apply the sig generator output
to the base of the secondary and ground the generator case.  Do not
touch the secondary or toroid or even get close to it when measuring, or
else your body capacitance will alter the results.  Likewise, do not put
a probe on the toroid.  Just hang a wire 1-2 feet from the toroid and
connect the scope to that wire.

BTW, you may find that you'll get more responses to questions if you use
complete sentences and punctuation.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Anthony" <ant17-at-optushome-dot-com.au>

hi guys i hoping you could help me i have my sstc secondary and primary
hooked up to signal genorator and i am trying to measure the resonant
frequency of it by having the primary hooked up to the sig gen and my
oscilloscope probe on the toroid and then checking for peaks in the
waveform becasue i think you should see ringing peaks in the waveform
question is am i on the right track or not if you could help i would be
greatful