Re: machining copper

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 12:08 PM 15/07/04 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
 >
 >I just received an interesting and useful piece of machining lore.
 >When machining copper (which is difficult to machine):
 >
 >sharp tools
 >Fast speeds
 >condensed milk as a lubricant <<< this was the new thing...
 >
 >apparently it's the "miracle lube" for copper cutting.

Hi Jim, Coilers,

I recall reading this in an old ham radio publication, so I
think that it's valid information.  If you try it, let the
rest of us know how it goes.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle