Re: Driving those IGBT bricks

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

For those type bricks, you really can't drive them through a gate
transformer (although you typically *do* use a gate transformer just for the
switching signal)

Here is a drive circuit I'm currently using for these type bricks:
http://users.snip-dot-net/~liche/cm600_gatedrive.pdf

Dan