Re: capacitance (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:26:47 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: capacitance

I don't know the percentage of error but we've used it to make some caps
and
it is very close.  This is a "derived equation" from the basic physics
equation.  It ends the inches to meters metric conversion.

This is published in the ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook so it has good
accuracy.

Dr. Resonance"

	There are errors which creep in when the plate spacing increases from
very small values; for large plates with small spacing it's plenty "good
enough for government work".  There are corrections for "fringing
fields" in the Radiotron Designer's Handbook, among other places.
Probably in C74 too, but don't remember seeing it.  I suspect that for
capacitors with dielectric constant much greater than one the errors are
diminished too.  Probably in C74 too, but don't remember seeing it.

Ed