Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Hi Ed,

Your explaination helps.  Since lamda asymtotically approaches .5 could
conclude that the coil is not base grounded and would be like a bipolar
coil?

Gerry R."

	No, the "Medhurst" self-capacitance data I quoted is for "single-ended
solenoids with one end EARTHED [=grounded in Australia]".  The values
came from TABLE 1, Chapter 11, Section 2.ii. of the Radiotron Designer's
Handbook, Fourth edition, 1953. This particular part deals with
calculation of self-capacitance, and is on pp 451 and 452.  If anyone is
sufficiently interested I suppose I could scan these pages and sent them
to hotstreamer.

Ed