RE: Mini-coil wall ground

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

At least it only turned it off temperately and not permanently :). I can
agree very worrying.
I think a little filtering might be worth while but you never know as you
discovered :o.
Cheers,
John

Original poster: "Tom Luttrell PWRCOM"

My minicoil (6kV 30mA NST) used a counterpoise and the mains earth.
I now I use it with my main RF earth, because whenever I turned it on it
used to turn my $$ Yamaha home theatre amplifier off. This was despite
having two rf filters (one on the HT set up and one on the minicoil).

It was a little worrying.

I agree with your comments regarding JavaTC, it's fantastic!

Tom.

 > Original poster: John
 >
 > Hello all,
 > I need a little, or maybe alot, of input on this.I wish to
 > know of any
 > problems large or small with using the house ground for a 230 watt
 > mini-coil. The major problem I'm concerned about is destruction to
 > computers,T.V., etc. that share the same ground.
 > Coil specs
 > OBIT
 > ! 10 kv
 > 23ma
 >
 > ~ 505kHz calculated and measured.-JavaTC kicks -at-$$
 > Thanks,
 > John

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://advision.webevents.yahoo-dot-com/yahoo/votelifeengine/>Vote for the