Re: measuring the resonant frequency of the secondary

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Something to try. Instead of a buffer after the oscillator, I have
tried
too to just shunt the output of a 50 Ohms, 10 V generator with an 1 Ohm
resistor. But this reduces the driving voltage to 196 mV. A transformer
with 7:1 turns ratio would also reduce 50 Ohms to 1 Ohm, but with an
output of 1.43 V.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz"

	I use an output transistor from a very cheap transistor radio for the
purpose.  Seems to be useful up beyond 400 kHz, much to my surprise.

Ed