Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Ed:

The wire was .043 inch dia. which yields 1,698 turns.

78.15 in circumference x 1,698 turns = 11,058 ft.

1/4 lamda freq = 23 kHz w/o large toroid topload

With topload and 1 pF/ft of spark the Fres drops to 14.4 kHz.

Sec inductance was 530 mH (calculated but not yet measured)  We plan on
sitting it upright on Monday and taking the Fres measurement, DC
resistance,
and inductance checks.

The Big Bruiser will be running strong for the Sept. 4th show.
Essentially
this is a large "magnet wire" type coil running with 0.3 uF cap at 22
kVA.
It should work fine if we can keep the "bugs" off the sec winding
between
shots!!

Dr. Resonance"

	I hope you'll post the results of your measurements here.

Ed