Re: TC & Lightning 2

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Hi All,

I had considered having a burn pit of waste petroleum for studying ball
lightning.  It would be similar to shooting the rockets but have a lot
more
carbon to let the balls form.  The EPA probably wouldn't like it though.

David E Weiss"

	A friend of mine got interesting results from putting a bit of rubber
insulation from old wire on top of a coil, lighting the rubber, then
firing up the coil.  Somewhere I have pictures he sent me suggesting
small balls of flame.  This was with a small OBIT powered coil.  If you
really want a lot of carbon try burning rubber or turpentine.  (Outdoors
where the soot won't cause a mess.)

Ed