Re: THOR Bang energy vs. streamer length measured

We intend to run a DC motor with external pillow block mounted RSG on our
Big Bruiser.  We could explore this idea at our Teslathon on Sept. 4th.
Hope you can all make it.

Perhaps some of the solid state guys attending could bring a simple
fiberoptical probe of some sort to accurately measure our RSG RPMs
especially at slower speeds.  We could drill a balancing hole in our rotor
for the light beam to go through --- we will have at least 1-2 holes anyway
to bring it into balance.  Our DC motor runs at 0-2,000 RPM and our RSG is
set to provide 0-612 pps (612 max at 2,000 RPMs).  We would also need a
circuit to count the single pulse/rev and convert it into RPMs.  I would
envision an 80 ft. long optical cable to remotely do this sensing.

If there are new members to the list, please email off-list if you would be
interested in doing some TC design work at the Teslathon.  I was thinking of
a quick 30-40 minute presentation I could do for some of the new members
especially those gathering parts and getting ready to build.

Also, if these new members have their sec coilforms sealed and are ready to
wind, we could wind up a few coils for these guys.  We can wind 26-30 AWG
wire in a 4.5:1 ratio on a 3-6 inch dia. coilform in less than 15 minutes.
We also stock a variety of endplates to fit various dia. secondaries.  We
could also put on a coat of Dolph's AC-43 which only requires 15 min to dry
hard enought to remove it from the lathe.  At least this would get you
started.  Again, contact me off-list if interested.

Dr. Resonance