Re: AWG 10 magnet wire sources?

 >  > >
 >  > > > Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
 >  > > >
 >  > > > I'm looking for a source for AWG 10 magnet wire.  Any kind of
insulation
 >  > >is
 >  > > > fine, but some coating is needed.  Probably only need 30-50 feet of
the
 >  > > > stuff (it's for an RF matching network).
 >  > > >
 >  > > >

 > You can get it at any hardware store around here.  Depending on the
 > store perhaps 15 cents/foot with THNN insulation.
 >
 > Ed

THHN insulation isn't magnet wire (a close wound inductor... turn spacing is
important, as is cooling... it's handling kilowatts)

Most of the hardware stores don't carry SOLID AWG 10 with insulation...
solid up to 12, then stranded for bigger (with insulation).  Bare AWG10 I've
got, Bare 8,6, and 4 as well..