RE: SSTC dead times

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Driving a half bridge TC system with POWERMOSFETs I would like to
 >make the necessary dead times as short as possible.

We have found that with MOSFETs no dead time at all is needed. If you drive
both your MOSFETs from a single gate drive transformer with bipolar drive
(ie swinging from +12V to -12V) it works fine. The reason is that MOSFETs
turn off instantly when the gate voltage goes below the threshold, they
don't hang around like BJTs or IGBTs.

If you are using a more complex gate drive circuit then you may need to add
delays here and there.

Steve C.