RE: WIMA FKP1-MMC

Original poster: "Mudford, Chris" <chris.mudford-at-agresearch.co.nz>

Hi Christoph

For what it is worth I have just built my MMC using the WIMA FKP1 68nF,
1600VDC/650VAC.  I have used 10 in series with 33 meg resistors across
each cap.  I have five strings in parallel being fed with a twin mot
voltage doubler.  Although still trying to get my coil operating well
there has been no noticeable heating of the caps.

I too am interested in peoples opinion as I'd like to be confident as to
what I can safely drive this MMC to ie 10 kV or 12 kV NST banks.

Cheers, Chris (NZ)