Re: bulk toroid order 24 x 12 x 6 inch size

The flat area (distance from inside one minor dia. to the opposite minor
dia.) is usually specified so the mount is compatible with the toroid.  Too
large of dia. of PVC tube (the usual extended mount) and the toroid won't
fit.  This is why manufacturers use the complete specification of  flat,
major dia, and minor dia.

No.  If the flat was 18 inches across, plus the two 6 inch cross sections,
the OD would be 18 + 6 + 6 = 30 inches OD instead of 24 inches.

With this size of toroid we usually use 8 inch ID PVC tube as the mount.
The tube is sanded inside and outside and coating with 3 coats of Glyptal.

Dr. Resonance

 > huh?
 > flat across the top?
 > if it is flat across the top instead of