Re: ISSTC HITS 55" No tuning yet

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Jim,

Personally, i don't think the line cord is an issue.  Remember, this is a
pulsed system operating at maybe 4-8% duty cycle tops.  During the OFF time,
the DC bus capacitor
will be recharging.  During the ON time, almost all power comes from the DC
bus capacitors.

Before trying that I would suggest measuring the voltage (using a
multimeter) of the capacitor bank during operation.
Using DC measurement on the multimeter you should be able to read the
average DC across the bank.  Using AC measurement
on the multimeter you can get a ballpark ripple calculation which should be
around 1x or 2x your pulse PRF so the meter should be
able to pick it up.  (100 to 300Hz)

This will tell how much you are losing with the line cord.

Dan

Yea but you also use extension cords.. so...

If  it's draggin the line down at 150v,  perhaps I should wire up my 240v
socket?

Regards - Jim Mitchell