SSTC does 10 foot sparks

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Coilers,

Recently there has been a lot of advancements in the SSTC area of coiling.
Im proud to be the first (or at least i *think* im the first) to achieve 10
foot (or better) sparks from a solid state tesla coil!  The design is
similar to that of my first ISSTC but using more robust gate drivers and
switching devices, and of course MUCH larger coils.

I will eventually get the details up on my site, but for now here are some
pictures:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/ISSTCII/ISSTCII_goodpics/

In some of the pics you will see it arcing to a green chair in the
forground, this is 115"... a few times it struck out beyond that at (i
approximate) 125".  And i havent even put the max voltage on it!  Im
limited by the ground being so close ;)  The coil stands 5" taller than
myself at 6'11".  The output is fierce and constantly power arcs to objects
in the 9 foot range with some scattered action at 10+'... im sure if i set
it up just right i can get about 12 feet from this monster and that is my
goal (it was 9 feet but that was effortlessly achieved).

Enjoy!

All comments welcome.

Steve Ward

_