Re: SSTC does 10 foot sparks

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"I think you missunderstood.  Steve said the power in was UNDER 4800w
because
his 20A fuse never blew.  I don't know how it can be possible to make
energy, so his power output is probably less then the input ;0)  Though
ISSTCs are pretty efficient.  The pulsed powers in the primary are
around
300kW I believe,  but that is not the continuous average power.

Regards - Jim Mitchell"

	I think John is referring to PEAK power.  For instance, I can charge a
1 ufd capacitor to 1000 volts with only one microamp of current,
representing a peak power of only 1 milliwatt, but discharge it into a 1
ohm resistor for a peak power of a megawatt, while still preserving the
conservation of energy.  When I first read his not I thought he'd joined
the "over unity" cult of the free energy freaks, but don't think that
was what he had in mind.

Ed