Re: SSTC does 10 foot sparks

Original poster: "John Couture" <johncouture-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Sean -

Thank you for your reply. It appears that you are in agreement with what I
was recommending and that is to use energy instead of power to rate your
Tesla coils. You said your TC was 30 MJ which is rating your coil in joules
of energy.

I agree with you that to compare energy and power is utterly useless. This
is like
comparing apples and oranges. This thread discusses the comparing of Tesla
coils not the comparing of power and energy. I recommend that coilers use
energy instead of power to compare their coils which is what you are doing.

There are many coilers that use their wattmeters to measure several TC
parameters. However, I see no problem in your using your wattmeter to
measure only average watts.

Refer to my reply to Steven regarding your mention of imaginary power (power
factor). Steven was commenting on power factors.

John Couture