Re: Air core flybacks, small flybacks and self resonance........

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

adam: If you remove the core from a fly-back you change the resonant
frequency of the coil, The core is part of the resonant circuit.. Most
flybacks are designed to resonate around 18 Khz to produce maximum voltage
some more or less if intended for other than TV use. The frequency of a
transistor amplifier added to the flyback is determined by the frequency
determining circuit you add to the assembly which may or may not be resonant
with the coil. Your choice.
     Robert    H