Re: Image legality: you've got to be kidding !!??

Original poster: Sean Taylor <sstaylor-at-uiuc.edu>

Not too turn this into a flame war, or get to OT, but you HAVE TO BE KIDDING!!

PLEASE PLEASE read posts fully before you reply (and the subject!).  The
ONLY thing under scrutiny here is the image used on Kreso's website and no
credit being given.  At The Geek Group, we're all about dissemination of
knowledge and trying to improve people's work and help it in any way we
can, but all we ask is some acknowledgement of the effort put forth.  If
you actually look at both the links in the original post, you'll notice
there are two strikingly similar pictures - one with The Geek Group logo,
one with it cropped off.  Kreso actually put forth effort in order to
remove The Geek Group logo from the picture, and is trying to pass it off
as his own - that ALONE is the problem.  We love that people take these
ideas, and change whatever, post the details of how to build anything -
that's what we want.  What we don't want, however, is for someone to try to
undermine this by not sharing the source of the information, or at least a
common place to get it.  If that logo was on the picture, people who saw it
might think to look for other ideas/supplies etc. from the same place - and
what's wrong with that.  Absolutely no credit (that I can tell) is given to
The Geek Group, and there was effort to actually remove this.

Sincerely,
Sean Taylor
Geek Group Member