Re: Image legality: you've got to be kidding !!??

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:20:51 -0700, Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net> Chris -
>
>You absolutely HAVE TO BE KIDDING!!??
>
>Such righteous indignation about "intellectual and professional ethics"??
>"Plagiarism"?  Please give us a break!
>
>(People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ....)

<sigh>

The issue is that the picture, an original creation of The Geek Group for
use on our website, was deliberately edited to remove the logo and
therefore presented as his own.  (There is clearly a copyright on the
bottom of thegeekgroup-dot-org page.)  If Kreso used the intact original, there
would be no issue.

I am still deeply saddened that people's negative opinions of The Geek
Group are still based soley on years-old 3rd and 4th-hand
anecdotes....  We, as a corporation and as individuals operating the
corporation, have grown up significantly - it's too bad that not everyone
else has, too.

Sincerely,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group