Re: Pressurized nitrogen tank capacitor for big VTTC?

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Terry and Scott,

Exactly - and gas capacitors are used today in high voltage laboratory
capacitors and capacitive dividers. The gas is often pressurized dry
nitrogen (no greenhouse gas worries and cheap) or SF6. Scott - try
searching for "gas capacitor" - you should have better success.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by Ultrastrong Fields,
Lichtenberg Figures (electrical discharges in acrylic), & Scarce OOP