Please help ! IGBT exploded ...

Original poster: "Rajesh Seenivasan" <rajeshkvs-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Dear forum members,

Yesterday I was experimenting with an old IGBT - BSM100GB60DLC, which I got
from my friend,
for my SSTC. I used the same gate driver I designed for IRFP460 MOSFET H
bridge.
I connected the terminals to 220V line and neutral and switched ON my gate
drive circuit.
The IGBT exploded immediately ! I did not give any load to IGBT. The H
Bridge's
output terminals were not connected to anything !
The gate drive was at 70kHz approx.
I observed that the gate drive waveform was not clean like a square wave.
Any advise for me ?