Re: Fritz vs TCBOR -- initial results in...

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

 >         I have an old (ca 1918) AMRAD quenched gap which has about 20
separate
 > gaps, each totally enclosed and with circular plane electrodes about 1"
 > in diameter.  Individual plates are separated with a fiber insulating
 > washer and the whole stack is kept under compression with a jack screw.

Something like this?

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/dicover.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/digaps.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/diset.jpg

A water-cooled gap. Part of an old Siemens diathermy machine.

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/diaterm.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/diaterm1.jpg

The 3 gaps are formed by disks with a rised center ring and a less
rised central disk where the sparks occur, separated by mica washers,
and have water tanks at both sides. The assembly is pressed together
by a screw.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz