Re: Fritz vs TCBOR -- initial results in...

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>
 >
 > Tesla list wrote:
 >
 >  > Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
 >
 >  >         I have an old (ca 1918) AMRAD quenched gap which has about 20
 > separate
 >  > gaps, each totally enclosed and with circular plane electrodes about 1"
 >  > in diameter.  Individual plates are separated with a fiber insulating
 >  > washer and the whole stack is kept under compression with a jack screw.
 >
 > Something like this?

 > The 3 gaps are formed by disks with a rised center ring and a less
 > rised central disk where the sparks occur, separated by mica washers,
 > and have water tanks at both sides. The assembly is pressed together
 > by a screw.
 >
 > Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

	Somewhat similar, but many more SQUARE copper plates serving as fins
for AIR cooling.  The central sparking area is very similar.  Spacing
washers are fiber instead of mica, which of course would be much
better.  Can you tell how the plates were built?  One piece turned down
or an electrode placed in the middle of the circular copper fins?

	I remember those very neat pictures and still am impressed with the old
equipment you seem to find.  I suspect there's nothing like that left in
the U.S., or at least nothing outside a museum.

Ed