RE: Please help ! IGBT exploded ...

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Could you please give me the circuit of gate driver using only discrete
 >components ?

You may like to try something based on my IGBT brick driver, made with
discrete MOSFETs. I would suggest using two copies of the circuit as a full
bridge, each driven off one output of a TL494. This will short the GDT
primary during deadtime as suggested. My circuit inverts (HIGH in=LOW out)
but it shouldn't matter.

Here are some other circuits based on mine, made by other experimenters.
They're designed as flyback drivers, but just replace the flyback
transformer with your gate drive transformer.

Full-bridge version by Derek Woodroffe. He has driven the right side of the
bridge from the left side, very ingenious, but doesn't allow deadtime.
http://www.roffesoft-dot-com/tesla/tinytess/ttpsu.jpg

Full-bridge version by Michi of 4hv-dot-org (You might not like this one because
it uses a TC4429 driver chip)
http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/tl494-fullbridge.gif

My original circuit
http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/t4driver.html