From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 1:24 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Magnetic quenching.

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Dave: I have a selection of parallel resistors I use as a watt meter. 0ne is
10 ohm , one is 1 0hm and 0ne is o.1 0hm. I also have a strip of stainless
steel with connections to test currents over 100 amps calibrated with taps
to match a source. with these and a volt meter I can figure watts.
     Robert   H
         P.S. I also have a 5/8  ss302 rod 1 ft long with brass connectors
calibrated to 1000 amps in a box somewhere if I find a nead.
--

  > From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
  > Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:28:39 -0700
  > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
  > Subject: RE: Magnetic quenching.
  >
  > Original poster: "David Thomson" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>
  >
  > Hi Gerry,
  >
  > I don't have a watt meter at this time so I can only infer the input
power
  > from the transformer rating.  I use a 15kV, 30mA NST so my input power
with
  > the variac open is about 450 watt.
  >
  > A significant cause for the cool running of my coil is due to the
secondary
  > construction technique.  After studying Tesla's Wardencliffe patents and
  > previous patents concerning secondary coil shapes, I deduced that the
  > Wardencliffe secondary is actually a combination flat spiral and tall
  > solenoid coil.  The introduction of the flat spiral in the secondary
appears
  > to alter the electromagnetic orientation of the electrons and allow the
  > coils, capacitors and spark gap to run a lot cooler.
  >
  > With Terry Fritz's guidance, I have just finished setting up a new
testing
  > laboratory for investigating the properties of this type of coil design.
If