Re: TC Spark Energy

Hi David,

I'm not sure what you are meaning here.  Electrons are either free or in
"orbit" around a nucleus.  Free electrons in a flow do not touch and the
"free electron flow" density is much smaller than the density of a single
electron (and I'm not even sure if this density is known - Heisenberg
Uncertainty Principle).  The stream of electrons can be compressed.  The
space ocupied by an electron in orbit about a nucleus can also be compressed
upto a point (where the electron degeneracy pressure is exceeded) before
they are pushed into the nucleus and combine with protons to form neutrons
(when a white dwarf collapses into a neutron star).

The free electron flow in a wire is not instananeous where you push an
electron into one end and an electron pops out the other end.  The extra
electric field created by pushing an electron into one end of the wire
creates a wave that can not exceed the speed of light (in copper, I think
the wave propagation is about half the speed of light).  It is this wave
that causes the electron to pop out the other end (not the same electron)

Gerry R.