RE: capacitance of horned toroid

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Matt,

 > It is curious that you use "(-1)^(n+1)", which will always be equal to -1.
 > Why is that?
 >
 > Uhhhh,
 > When I was in school, (-1)^(n+1) was negative only when n is even. ;-)
 > Matt D.

After you posted that, I see your logic (except that n would be odd, not
even, since it is being increased by 1).  But I used MathCAD 2000 Pro to do
the calculations.  It doesn't matter if the exponent is positive or negative
the result is still -1 when written as an exponent.  But when I type
in -1*-1 the answer comes out to +1.  I could send you a gif file to show
you if you are interested.  Perhaps MathCAD has a bug?

Dave