Re: THOR: First observations on streamer formation (try II)

Hi John,

Thankyou for the clarification.  The word "continous sparks" also gives it
more credibility.    Would be nice if your empirical equation and JF's are
essentially saying the samething.  I'm thinking they may be.

If you want to double your spark length, the secondary voltage needs to go
up by 1.6, which means the topload dimensions need to go up by 1.6 to get
the appropriate breakout voltage.  1st order guess is the topload
capacitance would need to go up by 1.6^2.  The value for Cp would need to go
up by 1.6^2 just to keep up with the increase of Ctop.   It would need to go
up another 1.6 to get 1.6x the secondary voltage.  Now if the Cp is 1.6^3
(4.1) larger, the power must be 4.1x larger to charge.  Does seem like they
agree.

Gerry R.