Re: THOR: First observations on streamer formation (try II)

I not sure I believe the equation either.  It takes power to make long
streamers.  Seems like one can make the secondary voltage arbitrarily large
by making the top load arbitrarily small, ie:  Vtop = Vp * sqrt (Cp/Ctop).
Of course as the top load is made smaller, the breakout voltage gets smaller
as well.  Maybe to really get that topload voltage, one needs a topload of
certain dimensions that has a certain capacitance and requires a certain Cp
to generate.  A certain power is then required to drive the certain Cp.  So
now I'm not sure I don't believe the equation?????

You go figure,
Gerry R.