RE: TC Spark Energy

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 15 Mar 2004, at 16:50, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>
 >

 > Malcolm -
 >
 > I agree the TC voltage is one of the dependencies when talking about
 > spark length. However, this problem is to find the TC energy in and
 > the energy out to determine the overall efficiency. The TC voltages
 > are another problem.
 >
 > John Couture

John, below you distinctly say:

 > On 11 Mar 2004, at 22:56, Tesla list wrote:
 >
 >   > Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>
 >   >

"The problem is to
 >   find the energy to produce a spark of a certain length with a
 >   certain TC of a certain design. > >
John Couture"

I've cut the various headers out for brevity.

I know you are particularly interested in matters of efficiency. It
is not difficult to calculate transfer efficiency and I won't repeat
the procedure since it must appear any number of times in the
archives. Since you can know the primary energy when the secondary is
empty, you can do it for any number of energy trades and sum the
partial results to find an overall figure for a particular bang (and
whatever spark it might produce.

However, you do say something about sparklength also and I am simply
pointing out that when you do talk about sparklength, you cannot
ignore parameters other than energy shot size (and BPS if relevant).

Malcolm