Re: GFIs and TCs

Hi Randy,

 > Original poster: "Randy & Lori" <rburney6-at-comcast-dot-net>
 >
 > Does a GFI act as a circuit breaker in addition to just comparing currents
 > on both lines? (Will it trip for excessive currents even if both lines
have
 > matched currents?)

A ground fault circuit breaker in power distribution panel does.  I dont
know about other GFI circuits like in a NST (suspect not).

 > Also, do GFIs work well in TC applications? (would a rail strike trip the
 > thing every time?)

I think it depends on the setup.  Example, a strike to the rail that is
grounded to the secondary base (RF ground) should not get on the mains in
any way.  I don't think the GFI circuit breaker will ever know it happened.
Others might be able to comment.

Gerry R