Re: GFIs and TCs

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

I use RCD's both before and after my variac for my TC controller without
problems. The RCD after the variac needs ?150V to trigger properly though.
cheers
Peter
http://tesladownunder.iinet-dot-net.au

 > Original poster: "Randy & Lori" <rburney6-at-comcast-dot-net>
 > snippetty-do-daah
 > An RCD will trip if you sneeze in the wrong direction - I have no personal
experience of them supplying power to a TC service but think that they would
be Bad News(tm) as some of the "noise"
 > thrown back into the supply could cause them to trip.  Good filtering
 > and,  if available, a nice big isolation transformer could help here. My
thought
 > would be to a) have a separate supply for your TC, not passing through an
RCD,