Re: Watt meters

Hi John,

It would be an interesting history lesson for the origin of the term
"imaginary" axis (maybe to compliment the term "real" axis).  Anyway, I
don't view the current as "imaginary" as in figment of one's imagination.
It exist.  The current is real (don't mean the real component here) and has
a phase relationship to the voltage.  It is just in mathematics that it is
boken into its "real" and "imaginary" or as I prefer, its "real" and
"reactive" components where the "real" component is in phase with the
voltage and the "reactive" component is 90 degrees out of phase from the
voltage.

Take care,
Gerry R