Re: FBSSTC-NEED HELP

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 23 Mar 2004, at 6:50, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > Hey everyone...Im having some BAD trouble with a SIMPLE circuit...I
 > really believe that GOD is keeping it from working for SOME reason...
 > Here goes the story: I built the micro sstc by steve ward...Its the
 > 4420 based circuit...I built and rebuilt it and then bought a new
 > breadboard and made it look GREAT!Formed all my wires all nice
 > and...Before i added the 12volt regultor to the board, i wanted to
 > test the circuit...I used a 12 volt battery...Since i dont have an
 > o-scope i used my DMM with its frequency and voltage...I tested for
 > frequency out of the 4420(i have a 555 to start the coil)...I got
 > 500khtz out and 12 volts out...I was happy...Did a lil dance...Nothing
 > blew up or got warm...I then added a 12 volt regulator and TESTED it
 > to make sure it was working...It worked and i wired it into the
 > circuit...I tested it....AND TESTED IT!AND UGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....no
 > frequcny at all!

At this point, a circuit of what you actually did would be helpful.
Were you still running from the battery when you put the regulator in
the circuit? Don't forget, they have a dropout voltage of 3V or so.
If the voltage to the chips was too low, they may have been refusing
to go (undervoltage lockout - I haven't looked at the datasheets).

Malcolm

  My dmm DID say 60 htz...But it always seems to say