Re: single to three phase conversion

Original poster: dave pierson <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: Matt <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>
>I seem to remember a post some time about being able to get three phase
>power from single phase power by wiring up 3 or 4 transformers in some
>fashion. I have looked high and low but can not seem to find it. maybe i'm
>just out of my mind? can someone please point me in the correct direction?

    Offhand, not doable.
    If Tesla-two-phase is available a 'funny three phase
    can be faked (check for 'Scott t"')

    IF one has a large single phase supply,
      AND a large three phase induction motor
         AND a way to start the motor
    one can power the motor from SINGLE phase and
    get SOME three phase.

    Details are on the web, usually  on woodworking/machine tool sites,
    As cheap 3 phase tools can be used 'at home'.

    best
     dwp