Re: Determine initial LTR cap size. was Best cap size for a sync gap

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 4/30/04 10:01:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I realize that the very nature of this thread suggests that the optimum LTR
>value might be up in the air...
>
>Daniel

Daniel,

Very much so.  Use what works best for a given NST/rotary
combo.  Of course the suggested values will usually be close
to optimal.  Various NST brands/voltage/currents behave differently.
I've been saying that for many years although I don't post all
that much lately.  If the NST has been disassembled and de-potted,
it will behave differently also.  If it's over-volted it will behave
differently too.

I still have a selection of about 20 different NST's that I use for
my experiments.  That's after selling about 140 of them.
I have none for sale now.

John