Re: Nitrogen VS Compressed air quenching

Original poster: "Arpit Thomas" <arpit-at-inzo-dot-org>

AHA! That explains the sulphur hexafluoride filled relays people have!
Chlorine sounds pretty good for a recirculated system, especailly since I
have a method of generating vast amounts of chlorine extremely cheaply (
oxidising agent- (i use trichloroisocynuric acid- pool tablets finely
ground up in a ball mill) into hydrochloric acid- bought really cheaply
from hardware store)  - just a little bit stank up my whole back yard and
it really stings your eyes :(   But as you said a recirculating system
might be a little hard to implement. Still,  It may be an option if I can't
find a cheap air tank ;)
Yeah, preventing the heater from corroding would be a big problem, I'll
probably end up just blasting a gap with air :) either a vacuum cleaner
motor, or more probably ( because of harsh power limitations)  the same
water heater emptied in 1 minute or so :) 600 litres a minute , not too
shabby quenching would result I would imagine :)