Re: how to limit and filter a transformer

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Full power would be 27 kilowatts. To give you some
perspective, a 240vac 100 Amp outlet wouldn't be big
enough to support it.

An easy way to tame the beast is to run the primary in
series with an AC arc welder. New welders are kind of
pricey, but used ones are pretty reasonable from the
classifieds.

Cheers,

 > Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>
 >
 > I am planning on getting a transformer that can put
 > off 27kv at 1a.
 > I don't think I will be able to run it at full
 > power, maybe half or
 > third power though.  How would I limit this since it
 > does not have
 > shunts, and what would I do for an rf filter?
 > Thanks.
 > --
 > sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>

=====