Cap Start Motor

Hi all,

I just received a Franklin Electric 1/12 HP cap start motor today that I
got off of ebay and it came with no wiring diagram.  There are four wires
from the motor (a RED(in) and BLACK(in) pair, and a BROWN and WHITE
pair).  The wart on top of the motor encases a switch looking device and
not the start cap that I was expecting (of course I have no hands on
experience with cap start motors).  Apparently the start cap is something I
supply???  The RED(in) and BLACK(in) pair goes into this switch looking
device and I presume that the downstream side (a RED(out) and BLACK(out)
pair) of this device is the start winding.  The WHITE and BROWN pair must
then be the main winding.  The two windings are not seperate, but share a
common node (ie, BROWN and BLACK(out) are connected).  The resistance
between WHITE and BROWN is 11 ohms and the resistance between RED(out) and
BLACK(out) is 17 ohms.  The resistance between RED(out) and WHITE is 6 ohms
that makes me believe that this is a tapped winding.

If this is the case, RED(out) would be the outer tap (wrt, the common node)
and WHITE would be the inner tap.

Could someone tell me if I have this correct that RED(out) and BLACK(out)
is the start winding and WHITE and BROWN (same as BLACK(out)) comprises the
main winding?  This is also a thermal protected motor and I don't know if
this wart is related to thermal protection and the start winding switch is
internal or the other way around.  All pictures of cap start motors on ebay
seem to have this wart.

Also, is it customary that the start cap NOT be part of the motor?

In addition, the name plate for the motor has the following:

Model 1106680404
1725/1450 rpm
Date code K88

Many thanks,