Re: Cap Start Motor

Original poster: "Richard Modistach" <hambone-at-dodo-dot-com.au>

in my opinion and experience it is not usual
for motors to be supplied without any relivant
capacitors required for starting or running, they are the
sort of thing that is usually kept with the motor
at all times as the motor is usless without them.
a bit like selling a perfectly good car without
the starter motor.
industrial motors have the cap under cover bolted
to the motor, smaller fractional hp motors such as
yours will usually have the cap remotly mounted.
you'll need to get the correct specs. on the motor
or a knowledgable electritian or even a motor rewinder
could tell you what to wire and what cap to use.
good luck.

regards
richard
aus