Re: Non shorting toroíd?

The best way to check this is with a time exposure (4 sec) with black &
white film.  Expose in a completely dark room and experiment with elevating
the toroid.  B&W film displays corona excellent and you will be able to see
how much you are retarding it.

Without a toroid or with a small sphere the corona angle off the last turn
is usually 45 degrees.  You are looking (with adjustment of height) for
either a horizontal or slightly downward corona spray angle.

The photos will tell the story as film is much more sensitive than the eye
especially with time exposures.

Dr. Resonance